[mythtv-users] www.d1.com.au

Kevin Saenz ksaenz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 04:28:16 UTC 2005

> Well first of all getting a maintenance plan to plan for issues like
> this DST issue.  Then you gotta have a distributor to get you parts
> for cheap.  Then you have to have a standard way to get people setup
> with accounts through zap2it and correctly configure their machines
> (setup wizard that maybe runs from another working windows machine and
> configures the linux machine mysql database) (or maybe some sort of
> friendly wizard) (or you configure it all for them - they provide
> email info and address).  Also you need a standardized distro that is
> stable on your hardware, and will provide little to no hiccups

Why a zap2it account? they have their own server which hmc downloads
channel information from. that is why there are 2 tv_grab_au scripts
around one looks at the xml pages from d1.com.au and the other is
capable of downloading from 2 sites. ninemsn.com.au and d1.com.au.

I think their market is the Australian consumer, and zap2it doesn't
have channel information for any states or postcodes in Australia.