[mythtv-users] Not importing complete XMLTV download?

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Apr 6 16:51:08 UTC 2005

Sarah Katherine Hayes wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm encountering a few problems getting the channel guide working in
> MythTV 0.17 and I've tried everything I can think of so hoped someone
> here could point me in the right direction.

> I'm in the UK so I'm using Radio Times for my XMLTV data and I've got
> the pvr machine wired up to a Sky digital box that the box is
> controlling via a Red Eye serial device, so to acuratley record stuff
> I need mythtv's program guide going (I think), the weapon of choice is
> built on Knoppmyth R5A12 and I'm a little unsure how to check for
> version numbers of specific things... sorry.

sounds like my setup - I'm still on 0.16 though

can you run:
  dpkg-query -s xmltv
That'll get the xmltv version.

it sounds like a mis-mapping between the xmltv ids used in myth and
those used in tv_grab_uk_rt.
You may need to upgrade xmltv (latest is version 0.5.39-2 I think)

Do you have mysql control centre running anywhere? It'll let you examine
the myth database tables.
(It runs on windows boxes too)

FYI, here's the script my cronjob runs:
#!/bin/bash
FILE=/myth/listings/"tv_`date +%Y-%b-%d`.xml"
tv_grab_uk_rt > $FILE
if [ \( $? -eq 0 \) -a \( -f "$FILE" \) ]
then
  mythfilldatabase --no-delete --file 7 -1 $FILE
else
  echo tv_grab_uk_rt Failed
fi

my xmltv config is attached for a few of the sky channels

David