[mythtv-users] nVidia FX 5200, TV out and then some

Jonathan Watmough jonathan.watmough at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:52:21 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005 9:40 AM, James Fidell <james at cloud9.co.uk> wrote:
> Quoting Morten Rønseth (morten.ronseth at webfx.no):
>
> > - when viewing TV on my 32" Sony widescreeen 100HZ TV (PAL), there was a
> > strange blue border to the left and at the top of the image. This was
> > only the case when actually viewing TV. This was not the case when
> > viewing TV on my CRT.
>
> I have exactly the same with my GF2 card with the 1.0-6629 drivers.  I
> was planning on getting an FX5200 and setting up the overscan to push
> the blue borders off the edge of the screen.  Don't know if that's the
> right solution though.
>
> James

James

I can push the left border off with overscan, but not the top one,
because of the letterboxing. The nvidia-settings utility is great for
setting up the overscan, flicker filter etc. I get a way better
picture on my regular TV through the TV out on my 5200 than through
rabbit ears and the normal TV tuner.

I picked my 5200 up for $69 from Frys. You can probably do a bit better.

Cheers
JW