[mythtv-users] "Unable to find mythcommflag" in 0.17

mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com
Wed Apr 6 14:38:57 UTC 2005

David George wrote:
> If you are running a RedHat/Fedora based system (and possibly others)
> the PATH is reset in /etc/init.d/functions.  Look for a line near the
> top that looks like this:
> PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin"
>
> Add the following to /etc/sysconfig/mythbackend:
>
> PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin
>
> Of course there are several other solutions also.

This solved my problem.  In Gentoo's /etc/init.d/functions.sh, around
line 749 (inside the 'if [ -z "${EBUILD}" ]' block, there's a PATH set
there (the only PATH set in the whole file)).  If I tack on a
/usr/local/bin, like this:

PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:${PATH}"

My mythcommflag now is correctly spawned from mythbackend (from how I
understand it works).

Thanks for all of your help, and I apologize if I did miss an obvious
solution to this elsewhere in the mailling list.

Thanks,

jl