[mythtv-users] Weird recordings, Mythfrontend crash

Jai jai at linknet.com.au
Wed Apr 6 08:30:39 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have been experiencing a few weird, intermittent problems with release 0.17
that I'm wondering if anyone else has come across.

First;  On occasion mythtv will record a show with all but the red colour
information missing. When It occurs, it will always be on the same channel
(ABC NSW). I have noticed that it has occurred when a prerecorded show is
being played back and another show starts to record, as  my Athlon 1.6Mhz CPU
seems to struggle with this load (skipping frames) so i thought it might have
something to do with a lack of resources, however it is not consistant. I
can't replicate the problem, and it doesn't occur on different channels.

Second; and not necessarily related, mythfrontend will sometimes hang while
navigating or exiting back to the menus. The only solution so far is a kill
-9 and rerun mythfrontend. The mythfrontend.log leaves me a cryptic message:
2005-04-06 15:09:58.595 Changing from WatchingPreRecorded to None
2005-04-06 15:09:58.682 Changing from None to None
QBitArray::clearBit: Index 1131490599 out of range

Other than this, i have found it to be a nice release.

Kind Regards,
Jai.