[mythtv-users] WinFast 2000 XP Capture Card & FC3

Jeremy DeStefano JDeStefano at ridgesupport.com
Tue Apr 5 23:23:50 UTC 2005

I'm testing a machine with FC3 with the latest kernel with MythTV 0.17.  I
put in the Hauppage WinTV Radio Card.  The card seems to be recognized by FC
as a WinFast 2000 XP Card.  I know this needs the CX8800 drivers.  According
to the website for the CX drivers, they are included in the 2.6 Kernel.

I've added the
Alias Char-Major-81-0 bttv
Alias Char-Major-81 cx8800

in the modprobe.conf as Jarod's HOWTO says, however, the card is not being
assigned a /dev/videox.  Is there something I'm missing?  Do I need to
recompile the Kernel with the CX drivers?  I know with IVTV, its the ivtv-fb
command that actually sets up the /video0.  Is there a comparable command
for the CX?

Or is this card just not worth the time and effort?  It was a free card for
me to test with, so if it would be easier to go get a PVR-250 or something,
its not a problem.

Thanks,
Jeremy DeStefano