[mythtv-users] FC3 Install has never worked

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 5 20:59:20 UTC 2005

> For starters I have followed Jarod's documentation to the
> letter. I think I have it memorized by now. : -) I have even
> emailed him on some of this stuff. I feel like I have
> completely lost my mind and my wife wants to throw me and
> this computer out in the woods.

I am sure this will get me some more flack from the list but here is my
opinion anyways. My suggestion is to can that crappy FC3 and backup to FC2.
I gave up on FC3 after many days of fighting with it (udev sucks) and
installed Myth on FC2. I followed Jarod's older FC2 instructions with the
exception of using synaptic to pick out the latest kernel that had a
complete set of modules and install them. Evberything else went very
smoothly with the exception of lirc not starting correctly from
modules.conf. I ended up putting a couple of lines in rc.local which does
that trick.

Bill