[mythtv-users] remote *receiver* ?

Shawn Flynn shawn at shawnflynn.com
Tue Apr 5 19:59:12 UTC 2005

> I use my TiVo remote with the packard bell receiver with no problems... It
> might be the remote you were trying to use with the receiver.  I could not
> get the pacbell thing to get anything off my RCA remote.  It's a pos (the
> IR
> receiver) and doesn't recognize all remotes.  I'm guessing the RCA is
> slightly non-standard or something.
>
> --
> Mathew Mrosko

Hmmm... good data point. It was the Packard Bell remote (a real _POS_) and
an RCA universal remote that I was using to test with. Neither would be
properly detected. Best I could get was a raw mode capture in irrecord, and
even that wasn't consistent between capture attempts. I'll break out my "big
basket of remotes" and try a few from different manufacturers this time.

Shawn Flynn