[mythtv-users] watch analog and ditial tv on the same card?

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Tue Apr 5 18:18:57 UTC 2005

Hopefully it's not a dumb question, 'cause I want to know too.  I've
been experimenting since I got my card (about a week ago), and have had
LIMITED success.  Right now I'm using the dvb drivers (cx88-dvb) for
ATSC and the cx8800 for NTSC.  But for me, what usually happens is that
if I start in ATSC mode, I can't switch to NTSC (and vice-versa).

Regarding the mythtvsetup:  I configured two separate tuners: a V4L2 one
(NTSC) using /dev/video1 (I have a webcam on /dev/video0), and a DVB one
(ATSC).  Then I set up two separate antennas (one HD, one SD) with
Zap2It (you have to use 2 different zip codes to set up 2 profiles,
AFAIK), and tied each to its respective tuner.  And you can select which
format to use (and thus which tuner) on a per-channel basis (as well as
having a "global default" which you already found).

I'm using the 2.0 drivers from the pcHDTV website, FC3 and kernel

BTW, anyone know how to tell MythTV which tuner to use when first
starting LiveTV?  Mine's defaulting to my NTSC one, and I want the ATSC one.