[mythtv-users] "Unable to find mythcommflag" in 0.17

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Apr 5 16:32:53 UTC 2005

On 4/5/2005 12:00 PM, mythtv-users.mythtv.org at tgice.com wrote:

> Chris Pinkham wrote:
>
>> This error message means mythbackend can't find mythcommflag, so even
>> though mythcommflag is in _your_ PATH, it evidently isn't in the PATH
>> of the user running mythbackend or the script that is running
>> mythbackend.
>

> No, mythcommflag (in /usr/local/bin) is in root's PATH, and root is
> running mythbackend.  I don't see anything in my init.d script for
> mythbackend that would change the default root PATH available.

If you are running a RedHat/Fedora based system (and possibly others)
the PATH is reset in /etc/init.d/functions.  Look for a line near the
top that looks like this:
PATH="/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/X11R6/bin"

Add the following to /etc/sysconfig/mythbackend:

PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/bin

Of course there are several other solutions also.

http://gossamer-threads.com/lists/engine?list=mythtv;do=search_results;search_forum=all;search_string=unable%20to%20find%20mythcommflag;search_type=AND&sb=post_time

--
David

HDTV capable frontend I am working on (now with a picture)
  http://mythhd.info