[mythtv-users] PVR-500 installation

Matt skd5aner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 13:34:46 UTC 2005

On Apr 5, 2005 3:07 AM, Jarod Wilson <jarod at wilsonet.com> wrote:
> On Monday 04 April 2005 20:42, Matt wrote:
> > Now, how can I tell what card and/or tuner is linked to which device?
>
> The cards are usually loaded closest to the AGP slot down, but that isn't
> universal. The third and fourth "cards" initialized are your PVR-500 (shows
> up as a pair of 150s), the first and second are you PVR-250s, couldn't tell
> you which is which though.
>
> --
> Jarod Wilson
> jarod at wilsonet.com

I figured it out.  I used the following command:

ivtvctl -a -d /dev/video0 (1,2,3) and it'd bring up info like this:
ioctl: IVTV_IOC_G_CODEC
Codec parameters
aspect      : 2
audio       : 0x00e9
bframes     : 3
bitrate_mode: 0
bitrate     : 4500000
bitrate_peak: 6000000
dnr_mode    : 0
dnr_spatial : 0
dnr_temporal: 0
dnr_type    : 0
framerate   : 0
framespergop: 15
gop_closure : 1
pulldown    : 0
stream_type : 0
ioctl: VIDIOC_G_FMT
        Type   : Video Capture
        Width  : 720
        Height : 480
ioctl: VIDIOC_QUERYCAP
        Driver name   : ivtv
        Card type     : WinTV PVR 250
        Bus info      : 1
        Driver version: 770
        Capabilities  : 0x01070011
... and so on

I think I didn't install the ivtv stuff right, so I won't report my
problems yet because it's kind worthless to troubleshoot issues if you
know the drivers weren't installed correctly.  But the PVR-250s work,
the PVR-500 doesn't... just white static that fluctuates with black
every few seconds.

Matt