[mythtv-users] Re: sound problems with alsa drivers

Xiaotian Sun sun.xiaotian at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 05:53:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 8:05 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org <
mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org> wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 20:10:46 -0400
> From: Michael Murray <mimurra3 at gmail.com>
> Subject: [mythtv-users] sound problems with alsa drivers
> To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
> No matter what I try I seem to be stumped by the audio setup for the
> alsa drivers. I am not new to Linux although I do not have much
> experience with driver configuration or audio in general. This is all
> being done on Fedora Core 3 with a PVR-350 capture card.
>
> My original attempts to get sound failed. I suspect this is because
> the onboard sound card was not supported by the alsa drivers. I
> bought and installed a Sound Blaster Live! card. Linux seems to

Make sure what you got is the "real" sound blaster live!, not the Dell
model.

If you have the Dell model, you'll need emu10k1x, not emu10k1, module from
alsa. You may have to compile alsa support yourself.

get the alsa source. do a

./configure --with-cards=emu10k1x; make; make install

you'll be fine.

recognize this card. Although, running the 'Sound Card Detection'
> program shows both the onboard card and the new Sound Blaster. The
> Sound Blaster is set as the primary device. I also set the audio in
> mythfrontend to ALSA:default from /dev/dsp.
>
> Thanks very much,
> Mike

Xiaotian