[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase full refresh

David Shay david at shay.net
Mon Apr 4 21:59:14 UTC 2005

----- Original Message -----

Actually, in the code there is an option for "dd-grab-all" that will grab
all available data direct data, effectively forcing a refresh.  In some
cases, if you've got multiple data sources defined (I have 3), you can
actually grab LESS total bytes from datadirect's servers and actually
refresh ALL of the data.   That is because of the way that the current code
first refreshes tomorrow, then today, then the last day of available
schedule -- multiply that times the multiple data sources and the total data
retrieved is pretty comparable.

The downside of this option is that the Qt XML parser is fairly inefficient
and uses quite a bit of memory and CPU time if you use this approach.  I
still use it from time to time.  The option is currently commented out in
filldata.cpp because of concerns over wasting datadirect bandwidth, but if
you uncomment the lines, and continue to use CVS, the uncommenting stays put
when CVS merges the changes.  In most "standard" cases with a simple
one-tuner setup, you wouldn't want or need to use the option.