OT: Gyration receiver reset? (was: e: [mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboard Comments)

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 18:50:34 UTC 2005

On Monday 04 April 2005 12:25, Ryszard wrote:
> oh yeah, go the gyration.  its small, RF, and works well.
>
> (it does chew the battereis tho')

BTW, for you folks with a Gyration, do you find that you have to
re-teach the receiver any time you reboot?  I do.  Everything seems to
work fine accessing BIOS-driven USB functions (i.e., GRUB screen, BIOS
setup), but as soon as the kernel USB HID layer takes over, it seems to
reset the receiver so that I have to re-do the "RF teach" in order to
get it to respond to the keyboard or mouse.  Then everything is fine
until the next reboot...

This on FC1 with ATrpms 2.4.22-1.2199.nptl_52.rhfc1.at kernel

Any ideas?

-JAC