[mythtv-users] frontend only remote?

MagicITX magicitx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:41:11 UTC 2005

I'm looking at using a wireless keyboard for this.  It was discussed
here last week that there are learning remotes that can learn the
keyboard's IR codes.  With this approach you don't need new hardware
on the system or additional software.  You can use the remote for
normal stuff and still have a keyboard handy when needed.

On Apr 4, 2005 8:24 AM, mark at onnow.net <mark at onnow.net> wrote:
> On a frontend only machine, ( no capture card  ) what is the best option for a
> remote control?
> Are there any inexpensive options to add a remote control to a PC that
> interfaces well with lirc/mythtv?
>
> Recomendations? Experiences?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark