[mythtv-users] app for determine HD resolution?

Alan Hagge ahagge at wbfa.com
Mon Apr 4 14:38:19 UTC 2005

Does anybody know of an app which will do any or all of:

    * Show the resolution (H x V or 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, etc.) of a
      specified dvb channel (ATSC)
    * Show the resolution of a specified .nuv file?
    * Show the bandwidth (bps) of a given ATSC channel

I'm trying to determine just what my system can playback without
stutter.  It seems to do OK on some HD content, but not others, and I
suspect the difference is either the format of the channel or possibly
the number of subchannels (ie. the total bandwidth) on a channel.

Thanks,

Alan