[mythtv-users] MythMusic skipping on OGG files

Matthew Phillips mythtv at mattp.name
Mon Apr 4 13:28:14 UTC 2005

On 04/04/2005, at 10:15 PM, James Smith wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've just got MythTV installed happily, and am very pleased so far. I'm
> having a problem with MythMusic though - it seems to be reporting track
> lengths wrong (generally 20 seconds or so too long), and often skips
> ahead
> a few seconds at random while playing. Most of my music is in OGG
> format,
> so it may be something specific to this format, I'm not sure. Anyone
> come
> across anything like this?

My post of a few days ago ("MythMusic playback speed too fast") is
probably related - I'm seeing  a similar thing for mp3 playback minus
the skipping (they just play fast and end early). But I'm pretty sure
it's been happening for a few OGG's in the collection too.

But I haven't had any replies as yet, so I assume either (a) this is
something fairly obscure or (b) not many people are using MythMusic.
Which would be a pity, since it has a lot of potential.

Cheers,

Matthew.