[mythtv-users] Optimizing MythTV for AMD64

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Mon Apr 4 04:40:33 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 03, 2005 at 04:53:04PM -0800, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Sunday 03 April 2005 17:25, Kyle Rose wrote:
> > > Thanks! This alone has actually been pretty good for me. I'm using NBC
> > > "Law & Order" as a test clip. I think that is 1080i based on what I've
> > > read about various networks,
> >
> > CBS and ABC are generally 1080i; FOX is generally 720p; I'm not sure
> > about NBC.
>
> In Seattle, NBC and CBS are 1080i, FOX and ABC are both 720p.

And UPN and WB are 1080i, as is I think Discovery HD and HDNet and
others, I think this pattern is universal.

Right now I think 720p is the wisest choice because very few people have
TVs with 1080 real lines on them, so why interlace?   Over time of
course I hope to see the world move to 1080p, which you don't see at
all yet.  In fact, most HDTVs won't take it, which I think is silly,
since our computer monitors have had cheap electronics to display
1600x1200px85hz for a decade now, as one example.