[mythtv-users] How do I determine mythfrontend status?

Cedric Tefft cedric at phreaker.net
Sun Apr 3 22:57:12 UTC 2005

Can anybody tell me how to (programatically) determine mythfrontend's
current status?  Up to this point I have been redirecting mythfrontend's
output to a file and then just parsing the file for those 'Changing
from...' messages, however there seems to have been a change in CVS
recently that's causing log output to be buffered, so there's no telling
how long it will be after a 'Changing from' message is generated before
it actually shows up in the log file.

Thx,

- Cedric