[mythtv-users] Second tuner audio problem.

Matt Gracie matt at roadflares.org
Sun Apr 3 21:15:45 UTC 2005

Matt Gracie wrote:

> I'm running MythTv on an Athlon XP 1800+ with a pair of ATI TV Wonder
> Pro tuners (using the cx8800 driver). They both pick up audio
> wonderfully, but I can't get audio to record on the second tuner. I've
> got it plugged in via the patch cable to a second sound card, but I get
> an error on the mythfrontend terminal that says "/dev/dsp1 captured -1
> of 4096 bytes of data".

Er, that should be "they both pick up _video_ wonderfully, but I can't
get audio to record on the second tuner". Sorry for that.

Also, in case it helps anyone with a diagnosis, I can get the second
tuner's audio either from the tuner's audio out jack or from the
line-out jack on the second sound card. It just isn't getting imported
into Myth for some reason.

--Matt