[mythtv-users] High-Definition Playback performance data

Scott Matheson smatheson at mac.com
Sun Apr 3 17:27:06 UTC 2005

What about nvidia 5200 that's not AGP, but rather PCI? I'm getting good
SD but no dice on HD using a 5200 and an Air2PC both PCI... am I
somehow swamping the PCI bus? The CPU pegs on HD playback (720 or 1080)
load seems to be split between X and frontend. Video is still quite
blocky and no sound. I'm spending today trying to get XvMC working with
the new 7174 driver... unable to get it working so far. The CPU is a P4
3.06 / HT so it should work without XvMC, right? Could it be an audio
issue? I've tried it with audio and video timebase -- no apparent
change.
Scott