[mythtv-users] I'm a mythtv failure

Kelly navykel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 16:47:26 UTC 2005

I'm done. Three weekend, 50 hours and still no live HDTV that isn't jerky.

It seems to be something to do with audio. I know next to nothing
about audio and Linux. Never had a need to use it so I never messed
with it. But it seems to be what is causing the video and audio to be
out of sync.

So, I thought "hey" I'll get the cvs version and compile it. <BUZZER> wrong.

Oh, I need the original tar file. Ok, download .... configure.....
hmmm configure looks different. but it makes and installs. good

So now I go back to cvs. Hmmm which configure options do i need....
well since the atrpm has the xvmc support "disabled" I though I'd
enable it. But it still fails to compile in programs/mythepg

This means I can't make a mythtv from source which means I can't turn
on the xvmc support or verify what my audio is doing in the setup.

Finally I thought I would grap the mythtv-0.17-97.rhfc3.at.src.rpm but
it fails to install.

I have now idea if the HD3000 card is defective or not. I get SD
programing fine OTA but DT programing is jerky and non watchable.

I'm done. I have a $1200 door stop. But hey, It's a really nice shiny case!

Is it just me or do we need a mythtv support group?

Hi my name is kelly, and I'm a mythtv failure...
- "Hi Kelly"