[mythtv-users] FF Not Predictable

Hans Wasmeier chilli_peppa at rogers.com
Sun Apr 3 15:52:43 UTC 2005

I've just set up a system following Jarod's excellent
HowTo and have most stuff working well. Fast Forward,
though, seems to have a variety of hiccups, which is
best illustrated by the Final Four B-Ball game I
recorded last night. When I attempt to fast foward:

- it will normally advance in an orderly fashion for
1-2 minutes, but when I press play, it will sometimes
recommence at random locations (somewhere between when
I started the FF and where I want to be),

- if the FF is longer, I'll sometimes get messed up
frames where some of the frame content repeats and the
FF is no longer orderly (it looks like I pass through
some periods repeatedly). For example, although the
counter indicates that I'm advancing, the game clock
jumps around,

I'm running on a Via EPIA ME-6000 with a PVR-350,
using the 350 as the video out and X display. The file
system is xfs and CPU usage in minimal.

Regards,
C. Peppa