[mythtv-users] Suggestion: Browse mode + visible channel flag

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:47:29 UTC 2005

I just noticed that there is a flag in the setup screens where you can
only show the 'favourite' channels in browse mode.  I think it would
require you to flag your channels as favourites, but I think it would
work.  The beauty of this is you can press a key to show
non-favourites too incase you wanted to check out the Seven Guide
channel for example.

HTH's
Dave

On Apr 3, 2005 11:39 PM, Johan Kihlström <johan.kihlstrom at bredband.net> wrote:
> Stuart Morgan wrote:
>
> >On Sunday 03 Apr 2005 08:39, Richard Dale wrote:
> >

> >>Is it possible for Browse mode to check the "visible" flag in the channels
> >>table?
> >>

> >I agree this needs to be done. It seems like an oversight that the browse mode
> >ignores the visible settings, but whatever the reason it is annoying.
> >

> There is a workaround on the list somewhere. a couple of lines to add to
> the tv_rec.cpp
>
> I have a similar problem, my provider encrypts everything and I only get
> access to the ones in my subscription
> But I used MythWeb to hide and easily delete those channels and now I
> only have my subscribed channels both in EPG and in the channel browser.

GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH

I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.