[mythtv-users] (no subject)

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sun Apr 3 11:56:06 UTC 2005

(http://www.byopvr.com/Sections+index-req-viewarticle-artid-13-page-1.html).

> Everything is installed/compiled and configured, but when I try to
watch
> TV or record something, all I ever get is static (even using the cat

> /dev/video0 > test.mpg).  Every channel is the same...just static.
> Watching videos (from other sources) play just fine in both mplayer
> and mythtv.

Have you tried tvtime or one of the other tv apps outside of MythTV?
That may point you in the right direction.  Have you tried feeding
the input of the 350 with a known good signal like the output from
a VCR or something similar?

> I've checked, rechecked, and triple checked all of the settings in
> mythtvsetup.  Nothing changes anything.

<snip>

One item I noticed in there was that the input was being switched
to S-video.  Do you have your input connected to s-video or
the coax out?

> I had everything running fine (tv was visible) with a different
> motherboard, but changed from a ATX-->mini-ATX to fit this
> in a smaller case.  Formated and reinstalled with thenew
> motherboard, but have never had any luck getting the tv
> to work.
>
> Cable does work (checked it with a tv).
>
> Getting frustrated as I had this working; I'm out of ideas of
> what to check.

Don't get too frustrated.  I am fighting with other problems,
but I've only taken 6 hours to fix my video problem after doing
an apt-get dist-upgrade only to discover  I've got sound
problems.  And I haven't even changed hardware...

> Checked this mailing list for similiar problems, but nothing
> mentioned in any of them seem to fix my problems.  I actually
> don't see any problems in any logs/files, which makes fixing
> this that much harder.
>
>Any help would be appriciated.

Check your inputs.  Is this the only frontend in the setup, or
do you have other frontends separate from this backend?

Paul