[mythtv-users] Help, database corrupted after connecting with a newer frontend

myth at ultratux.org myth at ultratux.org
Sun Apr 3 10:15:51 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 April 2005 00:59, Ian Forde wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 22:45 +0200, myth at ultratux.org wrote:
> > Yes I know that. I called it fscked-up because nothing works with my
> > current backend. I did not expect a frontend to do a DB update. Clients
> > do not usually DO that, you know.

> Having said that, I just looked in mythtv/programs/mythfrontend/ and
> didn't see any dbcheck.cpp file (as one would when looking in
> mythvideo/mythvideo/dbcheck.cpp, mythmusic/mythmusic/dbcheck.cpp, and
> mythphone/mythphone/dbcheck.cpp.)  So I'm not convinced that that's what
> you're seeing.  Did you start a backend 0.16 process on your frontend
> box?

No. I started a 0.16 frontend on my laptop, just as I described here.

That laptop runs Gentoo. I ran 'emerge mythfrontend', edited mysql.txt and ran
mythfrontend.  And that is all.

After upgrading my backend to 0.17 and this frontend too it seems to work
fine.  I need to confirm this further but for now everything looks okay.
There are still some problems with other frontends; the frontend running on
the backend machine looses keyboard focus / makes X freeze, and two others
have problems with libs that are there but don't get recognized (-lXext)
But so far, so good...

Mart