[mythtv-users] Suggestion: Browse mode + visible channel flag

Richard Dale richard at interlink.com.au
Sun Apr 3 07:39:33 UTC 2005

Is it possible for Browse mode to check the "visible" flag in the channels
table?

The "visible" flag apparently shows those channels that are visible in the
EPG.

However, the problem I have here in Australia is that many channels are
repeated on DTV.  Eg Channel 31 has 4 channels that are broadcast on the
same frequency and mythtv automatically adds them to the channel database
when watching live tv.

So, it'd be great if I could subsequently edit the channels table, flag them
as visible=0 and never see them again when I watch Live TV.

I can provide a more details if you think it a good idea.

Cheers,
Richard.