[mythtv-users] Anyone using LVM2 w/ ext3 for video storage

Edward Rudd eddie at omegaware.com
Sat Apr 2 17:37:44 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-04-02 at 12:09, Dan Christensen wrote:
[snip]

> Because of this, I've sometimes wondered if myth should allow multiple
> directories to be used for storing recordings.  You make one partition
> on each drive you have, and tell myth the list of partitions.  When
> starting a recording it chooses one of the directories.  If one of
> the directories goes away, you just lose those recordings, but can
> keep on using the rest in the meantime.

I'm all for that feature..  On one of the mythtv boxes where I had an
LVM setup, the middle "30GB" of it died. luckily dd_rhelp/dd_rescue was
able to recover the data off the other two drives.
The setup on the box now is a /var/lib/mythtv and a /var/lib/mythtv/2
mount and I just symlink things off of the main drive.. (ie manually
move them to the drive mounted as "2" and symlink them back). this only
comes as a problem when deleting shows as mythtv will only delete the
symlink.

Edward Rudd <eddie at omegaware.com>
Website http://www.outoforder.cc/