[mythtv-users] Cannot get sound working... please help

Ricardo Kleemann ricardo at americasnet.com
Sat Apr 2 05:37:14 UTC 2005

I'm sorry if I was confusing. I wanted to provide as much info about my
system as possible.

The problem is that sound does NOT work when playing live TV. In other
words, the capture of sound from the tv capture card is not working. It only
works if I connect a cable from the audio out of the tv card into the audio
in of the sound card, but that is not what I want to do, I want to be able
to capture directly from the tv card without having to connect the cable.

Sound does work with other apps, but the difference there is that it's just
sound output direct to the sound card. Capture is not involved like it is
with mythtv. So right now, watching tv gets no sound.

I hope that makes sense?

Ricardo