[mythtv-users] Daylight Savings Time, NTP, and reboot

Dan Christensen jdc at uwo.ca
Fri Apr 1 15:45:14 UTC 2005

"Michael J. Lynch" <mlynch at gcom.com> writes:

> I didn't say to adjust the clock to account for daylight savings
> time, I said to advance the clock to say 1:58 am Sunday morning.
> The machine will act exactly as if it is that time and do whatever
> it's going to do when 2:00 am arrives.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood your suggestion.

Still, it might be a risky test to do.  Various files will get
timestamps in the future, and the myth database will get weird
entries.  I think the original poster was right to ask on the list
rather than just trying this, but maybe I'm just too cautious...

Dan