[mythtv-users] Magical Reappearing Channels

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 14:06:20 UTC 2005

Several times now I have deleted unwanted channels from the database as well
as all programs relating to them. A couple of days later they magically
reappear and it is starting to drive me mad!

I found two or three other people complaining of the same thing via google but
none of the suggestions seemed to help: There are no programs for these
chanids in the database, my xmltv file does not contain the IDs for these
channels and the timing of Mythfilldatabase does not seem to correlate to
their appearance.

I'm in the UK, using a DVB-T card and XMLTV (not the broadcast EPG). I'm
running a two/three week old CVS version of Myth. Which channels appear
varies, but the last time it was CBeebies, 701, 702, 703 (BBCi channels).
Previously I've had the various shopping channels, QVC, BidUP etc refuse to
die.
--
Stuart Morgan