[mythtv-users] Self altering channel table

Andrew Meredith andrew at anvil.org
Fri Apr 1 09:21:19 UTC 2005

Hi Folks,

This is my first post here. I did my due diligence over the last couple
of months worth of posts, so do please forgive if this has been covered
before.

I just rebooted and fired up mythtv and found that channel change no
longer worked for either LiveTV or recording. On closer examination it
seems that most (but not all) of the values in channel.channum have been
copied into channel.freqid.

This isn't the first time this has happened. The first time I thought I
had done something daft, but this time I know I didn't do anything
database related. I had just run a major yum update, which updated ivtv,
hence the reboot, but there were no mythtv packages in the upgrade set.

Luckily I had a recent mysqldump and could drop and recreate the channel
table. I mention this purely in order that TPTB know it happens.

Oh and to avoid any misunderstandings, I think MythTV is one of THE most
exiting Linux projects I have seen in ages. When it stabilises out a bit
more and particularly (for me) when the Nova-T card works out of the box
for UK, there will be no good reason to use anything else to watch TV. I
really miss it when something breaks.

Cheers

Andy M