[mythtv-users] S-video & widescreen - both in and out

David myth at dgreaves.com
Fri Apr 1 07:49:51 UTC 2005

John Sturgeon wrote:

> I'm not sure if I understand.  You're trying to output 16:9 through
> s-video?  Can't be done.  The best you can do is letterbox a 4:3 and
> zoom in on your display, but the results might be somewhat pixelated.

why do you say this?
My DVD player connects to my projector via s-video and has no problem
sending 16:9

genuine interest/confusion over this aspect of TV

David
PS I think Nigel's problem is fundamentally that he's sending an X
display to a device with non-square pixels.
X (AFAIK) can't handle non-square pixels whereas video has anamorphic
compression (and maybe other things...)