[mythtv-users] myth-setup question

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 22:56:08 EDT 2004

I finally managed to get 0.15.1 compiled with Gentoo. Hooray!

I have a Hauppauge WinTV DVB-c (Model 727) card, which is already
recognised by hotplug (lsmod show all relevant modules, like dvb_core,
saa7146, v4l2_common, videodev, etc.).

I ran the SQL-script to fill the MySQL-database, which worked fine.
Next, I would like to know what I should best set in "Capture Card
Settings". Should I use "Standard V4L capture card" or "Digital Video
Broadcast card". If I chose the latter, it says "Recompile with
DVB-support!" at the bottom.

What am I doing wrong?

Best regards,
Albert.