[mythtv-users] Wrong time of recordings when using PVR 350

Petter Gundersen pettergundersen at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 17:50:18 EDT 2004

I'm running mythtv 0.16 with a PVR 350, using the ivtv-0.1.10-pre2
driver with Chris Kennedy's patches. After I changed from patch ck100z
to the ck112 and greater patches, I have been having problems. When I
use the PVR 350 tv-out feature, Mythtv is calculating wrong time on my
recordings.

Mythtv reports a 30 min. recording to be approx 24 min, a 135 min.
recording to be 108 min. etc. The whole show is recorded and plays all
the way through, but in the end mythtv is reporting the position in
the recording to be say 26:00 of 24:00, and if I try to skip forward
it won't let me.

If I watch the recordings on my monitor instead of on the PVR 350
tv-out, mythtv reports the correct recording times.  If I set a
bookmark in the recording, mythtv reports wrong times when watching on
the monitor as well.

Since 108min/135min = 24min/30min almost equals 25fps/30fps, this
might look like a PAL-NTSC issue. I'm in PAL country myself.

Is there anybody else experiencing this? Any suggestions to what can be wrong,
or how I can fix this?

Regards,
Petter