[mythtv-users] IVTV Driver Version

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Tue Sep 28 13:41:10 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 09:24, Niklas Brunlid wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:41:42 -0400 (EDT), Cory Papenfuss
> <papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu> wrote:
> >  	There's been some discussion recently about trying to come up with an
> > "suggested" stable-ish snapshot to superceded 0.1.9.  The stable 0.1.9
> > doesn't
> > do 2.6 kernel AFAIK, so that's a major point for those running FC2.
> Running ebuild 0.1.9-r4 on gentoo-dev-sources 2.6.8 here, works great with
> the ivtvdev X11 driver. Haven't moved my system over to x.org yet though.

0.1.9 works with *some* 2.6 kernels. It doesn't work at all with the latest
Fedora Core variants, because of decisions the Red Hat kernel engineers have
made, which disallow some function calls necessary for older ivtv versions
(including ck100z, thus the need for patches to make it work on FC2's
2.6.8-1.521 kernel).

Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...