[mythtv-users] Mini-ITX or standard PC?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Sep 28 11:06:13 EDT 2004

Am planning my MythTV box in which I'll be mainly using as a PVR,
currently recording analogue TV, but in the future might use digital TV,
DVD player, and a few other minor tasks - but I'm trying to find a
balance between power and noise/electricity usage.  I would like to aim
for a low electricity power and low noise, and cost isn't the greatest
concern here.

Would a mini-itx mobo something like M10000 or the MII12000 be
sufficient to use as a MythTV box or is it overkill?  Or would it be
better to go for an MicroATX board with an underclocked AMD XP/Sempron
processor with a big heatsink and a slow fan?

Or would more details would be helpful here?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Cheers - Piers