[mythtv-users] Re: OT: LIRC on Debian with a custom 2.6.8 kernel

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 10:11:33 EDT 2004

Ok, so I downloaded the lirc from cvs while in the /usr/src directory.
Then I cd into lirc, ./autogen.sh. I get an error about automake 1.5
is required which I was ignoring because I knew my system was up to
date so I uninstalled the 1.4 version (there were two other versions)
and after some hacking it now compiles and installs. Thank you all for
helping me walk through this. Now I'll play with it more when I get
home from work because it's kindof hard to test the IR functionality
when you are 50+ miles away. ;-)
-Chris