[mythtv-users] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Mon Sep 27 17:32:04 EDT 2004

As Isaac keeps trying to tell you.  The mysql library looks at your
/etc/my.cnf for the value of 'socket'.  It is not hardcoded anywhere
in any client application of mysql which uses the standard
libmysqlclient.

If you point the library at loopback address for your mysql db it
automatically tries to use a Unix instead of a TCP sockets as a
performance optimization.

Please read the mysql documentation if you don't agree.