[mythtv-users] Patching ck100z for FC2 2.6.8+ (was: Enabling experimental ATRPMS)

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Sep 27 16:37:51 EDT 2004

Technically, we should probably be hashing this over on the ivtv list, but
we're here now, so...

On Monday 27 September 2004 12:35, Cory Papenfuss wrote:
>  	DOH!  I saw your post yesterday but was confused as to the intent.

:-p

> The compat.h applied, but not the ivtv-firmware.c patch.  Did you patch
> against a vanilla ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100z?

Hm, odd. Yeah, cp -r the vanilla dir to ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100z+fwpatch, cut
out the entire load_fw_direct function from ivtv-firmware.c, copy and paste
the updated one from ck108m (identical in 108k and 112t) into the file,
saved, generated patch...

> [mythtv at localhost driver]$ pwd
> /home/mythtv/ivtv-0.1.10-pre2-ck100z/driver
>
> [mythtv at localhost driver]$ patch -p2 < ivtv-firmware.c.patch
> patching file ivtv-firmware.c
> Hunk #1 FAILED at 95.
> 1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file ivtv-firmware.c.rej
>
> [mythtv at localhost driver]$ head ivtv-firmware.c.rej
> ***************
> *** 95,136 ****
>          return 0;
>    }
>
>    static int load_fw_direct(const char *fn, char *mem)
>    {
> -         int fd;
>            long l;
> -       mm_segment_t fs = get_fs();
>

> I don't speak "diff-ese" yet... :)

If by chance you copy 'n' pasted it out of the email I sent, there's a
possibility something wrapped, tabs got converted to spaces (or vice versa),
or something like that, which could throw patch for a loop. I don't know diff
very well myself either though...

I just double-checked, the patchfile I sent does indeed apply cleanly for me.
I'd suggest saving the patch attachment and applying that to a clean 100z.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...