[mythtv-users] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111)

Greg Donald destiney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:31:37 EDT 2004

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 14:06:58 -0500, Jason Werpy <jwwerpy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Have you checked the settings in your mysql.txt file?  Its in the
> share directory for myth.
> This can be in different locations depending on your install, but its
> either /usr/local/share/mythtv or /usr/share/mythtv generally.
>
> mysql.txt contains connection information myth uses to connect to
> mysql.  I have to reset the server information on my frontend every
> time I do a new install as this file gets replaced.

Yes, I checked the file during the install to make sure the values
were set correctly.  They seemed OK, so I did not edit it.  Currently
I have this in the file:

> cat /usr/local/share/mythtv/mysql.txt|grep -v ^#
DBHostName=localhost
DBUserName=mythtv
DBPassword=mythtv
DBName=mythtvconverg

Is this where I can tell mythtv my mysql.sock is in /tmp?  If so what
is the variable name I should use?  DBSocket perhaps?

--
Greg Donald
http://gdconsultants.com/