[mythtv-users] best setup in my case

Albert Ulmer jayaeu at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 11:12:32 EDT 2004

I'm evaluating MythTV for use as my main TV recording and viewing
software. I've got every room networked with everything terminating in
a 19" rack in my closet, where I also have cable access.

I'd like to run a few networked frontends without a TV capture card
which are connect to the backend over the network.

1. Is this possible at all? Can the frontends get live video streams
from the backend's TV capture card?

2. Is there any way to run the backend in "headless" mode, without a
TV or monitor connected? How can I make changes to the configuration
of MythTV without myth-setup?

Any help is appreciated!

Best regards,
Albert.