[mythtv-users] getting logitech dual action controller working with Mythtv on fedora core 2

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 16:37:31 EDT 2004

I have been trying to get this controller working for the past two
days and haven't been able to figure it out.  I want to use this
controller with MythGame.  Hopefully one of you guys wil be able to
help me out.

lsmod produces:
[root at localhost mythtv]# /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
snd_intel8x0           30829  2
snd_ac97_codec         58821  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_pcm                83529  2 snd_intel8x0
snd_timer              25413  1 snd_pcm
snd_page_alloc          8393  2 snd_intel8x0,snd_pcm
gameport                4033  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_mpu401_uart         7361  1 snd_intel8x0
snd_rawmidi            21733  1 snd_mpu401_uart
snd_seq_device          6473  1 snd_rawmidi
snd                    45477  10
snd_intel8x0,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_mpu401_uart,snd_rawmidi,snd_seq_device
soundcore               7713  1 snd
parport_pc             21249  1
lp                      9133  0
parport                35977  2 parport_pc,lp
autofs4                20677  0
sunrpc                141861  1
8139too                22465  0
mii                     3777  1 8139too
ipt_REJECT              5057  1
ipt_state               1857  5
ip_conntrack           25569  1 ipt_state
iptable_filter          2369  1
ip_tables              13889  3 ipt_REJECT,ipt_state,iptable_filter
floppy                 54001  0
sg                     28513  0
scsi_mod              105360  1 sg
microcode               5601  0
xfs                   505777  1
dm_mod                 47317  0
joydev                  7169  0
uhci_hcd               28505  0
button                  4825  0
battery                 7117  0
asus_acpi               9177  0
ac                      3533  0
nvidia               4808532  12
md5                     3905  1
ipv6                  217349  10
ext3                   96937  2
jbd                    66521  1 ext3

I then do a /sbin/modprobe joydev to try and get the controller
working and I don't get an error.

I went through google again to try and find something and I came
across this link on this site:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/quest...hlight=joystick]thread
I downloaded joystick-1.2.15-15.i386.rpm and installed it. Then i did
another modprobe to add joydev. The lsmod still shows joydev as being
0...

I load mythgame and it tells me that no controller found.  I added
alias-char-major-13 joydev to modules.conf.

Any help would be appreciated... All i want to do is play snes9x and
mame roms :-(

thanks