[mythtv-users] picture adjustments for different encoders

Lutz Mändle lmaendle at gmx.net
Sat Sep 25 18:29:39 EDT 2004

Hi all,
is it possible, to have different picture adjustments (colour, hue,
etc.) for recording with different encoders in mythtv 0.16? I'm using
two cards, a pvr350 as /dev/video0, which has good picture quality, and
an old WinTV-PCI card as /dev/video1, which has low saturation with the
settings given for the pvr350.
The curious thing is, that when I start a standard v4l application
(xawtv) on /dev/video1, this application sets the picture adjustments to
good values, so that after quitting xawtv and starting mythfrontend
again, then switching to livetv, it shows a good picture until I change
the channel.

Lutz Mändle         Internet: lmaendle at gmx.net
Berlin/Germany