[mythtv-users] Nvidia TV-Out Color Correction

Nick Offerman nofferman at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 02:50:44 EDT 2004

Hey all,

I'm new to MythTV, and I haven't found any solid answers to these
questions so here goes:

**Problem:**
The picture coming out of my nVidia Ti4200 Composite TV Out is way too
red.  It is this way for everything (KDE, MythTV, mplayer, xine).

This seems to be a fairly common problem with nVidia cards, from what
I've found on the web and this mailing list.  I tried a different
nVidia card (eVGA GF4 MX440) and got the same results.  The picture
looks fine on my 19" monitor.

**Questions:**
1) Is there a software/hardware fix that will correct this in
everything (KDE, MythTV, Xine or Mplayer) without having to change
them all individually?

2) If not, what is the easiest way to fix the color in just MythTV and
Xine/Mplayer?  I can live with ugly color in the Myth menus and at the
desktop, if I can get TV and DVD/Video playback looking acceptable.  I
have played around with the 'F' and 'G' menus in MythTV to fix color,
but it still looks pretty bad.

3) Is this a problem with all nVidia cards?  Can anyone recommend an
AGP card with good S-Video/Composite signal out to an NTSC television?
 Would it be worth it to get a PVR-350 instead?  Would it make any
sense to use a VGA to Composite external converter?

**MythTV setup:**
eVGA nVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4200 Video In/Video Out
P4 2.53 Ghz
512MB PC3200 RAM
Intel D845GERG2L Motherboard
Hauppauge PVR-250 Capture Card
Seagate 200GB 7200rpm HDD
LiteOn 812S DVD +/- Burner
Fedora Core 2
MythTV 0.16
nVidia drivers version 61.11
Twinview Cloned to both a 19" CRT and a 25" NTSC TV through Composite TV-Out
set up per Jarod's Guide

Thanks for any help you can provide!
-Nick