[mythtv-users] Compiling myth with DVB

cythraul cythrault at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 19:57:51 EDT 2004

Hi Mike,

Don't use linuxtv 1.x with kernel 2.6.x.

As of 2.6, DVB support is included in the kernel. But, I had some
problem myself compiling again't 2.6.8.1 and I was told that the
userspace headers are not present. So, I got the CVS of dvb-kernel.
You can checkout the latest version using:

cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel

Then, in settings.pro of mythtv, change the include path for the dvb
drivers. For example:

INCLUDEPATH += /usr/src/dvb-kernel/linux/include

This will take care of mythtv but you also have to make the dvb
drivers work. For that, I went under dvb-kernel/build-2.6 and ran a
make from that point then ran ./insmod.sh

While not elegant, it works for me.

If you have an IR receiver on your dvb card, you may also notice a
problem with key repetion, there's a thread on dvbn for that.

For more details, you may want to visit dvbn on http://www.dvbn.happysat.org/

Good day,
cythraul