[mythtv-users] MythTV and DISH - a great solution

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Thu Sep 23 17:20:53 EDT 2004

> Hi,
> 	Is that able to control more than one satellite
> receiver if they are on separate remote addresses?  What's
> the total number of devices that it can control?  I'm looking
> to connect three receivers to a myth box with three pvr250s.
> I am trying to determine the best options to control each
> receiver without screwing up one of the others.  Thanks.
>
> David

If you use different brands of receivers or ones that used different remote
codes then you could control more than one receiver with one blaster. There
is support for locking to keep multiple instances from trying to grab it at
once. If you have the same unit for all then you will most likely need to
use multiple blasters with optical isolation between receivers (Thats the
route I used)