[mythtv-users] Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Thu Sep 23 14:16:27 EDT 2004

Hi,

I get the message in the subject from the backend when I try watching live TV
(which gives a black screen only)
I'm running FC2, kernel 2.6.8 and mythtv-0.16 using a PVR-350 and ivtv-111l (L
that is).

xine pvr:/ works fine (stutters a bit at startup, but continues just fine).

After using mythtv, the ivtv driver seems stuck and I need to reload it to get
xine working again.
I've been googling a bit and found some things about I/O which I believe do
not apply in my case (it's a dedicated mythtv box and used to work fine with
mythtv-0.15.1 and an older ivtv-driver)

I know the card and driver are working (otherwise xine wouldn't work) so I
don't understand why mythtv doesn't receive any data from the card.

Is there a way to check why mythtv doesn't receive data ?

Regards,
Marcel Janssen