[mythtv-users] Selective viewing on record screeen - Howto

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 23 13:51:19 EDT 2004

On 09/23/2004 11:45 AM, Rob Willett wrote:

>I have lot's of channels using the DVB card, I occasionally watch QVC and BidUp
>Tv, more for a laugh than anything else, but have never wanted to record them.
>is there anyway to selectively display channels for recording so I can remove
>the news stations, Bid-up TV etc etc from the on-screen EPG.

Favorites.  From http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-11.html#ss11.1

in LiveTV (or a recording?)
?  mark/unmark the current channel as a "favorite"

in EPG:
/  mark/unmark the current channel as a "favorite"
4  toggle the guide listing between all channels and filtered "favorites"

Hmmm.  I wonder why the different key for mark/unmark...

>The other things is that Mon-Fri I never record anything that will start before
>18:00, now The Simpsons have gone off BBC2 I'm not sure I'll record anything
>before 19:00. Is there anyway to say only show the EPG for 18:00 to 12:00 so
>that I can easily scroll through the days ahead.

Well, about the best I can do is recommend the move left/right by one
page/one day and hit the appropriate keys for most effective navigation...

Home/End  move the highlight left or right by one day
Ctrl+Left or <  move the highlight left by one page
Ctrl+Right or >  move the highlight right by one page

HTH.

Mike