[mythtv-users] FC2 and IvyTV Problems and Questions

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Sep 22 21:59:41 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 22 September 2004 14:07, jon e wishbone wrote:
> > I tried with the stock /etc/hosts, but then it's the same problem. I'm
> > going to try messing with the DNS this weekend and see what happens.
> > (famous last words)
>
> I finally was able to get some time to mess around with my DNS
> settings. replay.cabuki.com now points to the correct place. I set up
> port forwarding on my firewall to forward port 6543 to the correct
> machine.

There's no reason your firewall should have anything to do with anything if
you've got the frontend and backend in the same machine.

> This didn't seem to help.

I wouldn't expect it to.

> I've attached the output of
> mythbackend.log and mythfrontend.log. I started both with the '-v all'
> options to see if this would be of some help.
>
> I noticed this in mythbackend.log:
>     2004-09-22 21:40:49 adding: replay.cabuki.com as a client (events: 0)
>     2004-09-22 21:40:49 2       OK
>     2004-09-22 21:40:49 Getting next free recorder after : -1
>     2004-09-22 21:40:49 Card 1 is local.
>
> but a second later it says:
>     2004-09-22 21:40:50 adding: replay.cabuki.com as a remote ringbuffer
>
> Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Dunno. I never watch live TV on my master backend, so I couldn't say if that
is normal or not. I believe all ringbuffers are treated as network addresses
though, so it may be normal. Not sure. You might just nuke your db, re-import
mc.sql and go through setup again and see if that clears up the problem...
I'm pretty much out of ideas.

> I don't seem to be making
> any progress on this. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever get it
> working.

It'll work eventually. :-)

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE